Monday, March 21, 2011

Quiche

I'm a huge fan of crustless quiches using egg whites for dinner. 
Image via Examiner
I just happened to have a premade pie crust in the refrigerator and thought, "Hmmm...I'll bet my husband would love the 'Real McCoy' quiche."  Luckily I have roasted vegetables left over from Sunday dinner.  As it is, broccoli is what's mostly left.  So, my quiche would actually look more like this.
Image via My Recipes
Here's my own recipe:
1 9 inch pie crust
2 egg whites
2 whole eggs
1 Cup of skim milk
1 Cup cooked vegetables
1/3 Cup mozzarella
1 tsp Rosemary
1tsp Thyme
1/2 tsp garlic salt
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:  Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients (except the pie crust, obviously).  You can add any other meat or veggies if you want.  Place uncooked crust in a greased pie pan and cover any overhanging crust with tinfoil to prevent burning.  Pour in your egg and veggie mixture and sprinkle more cheese over the top.  Bake for about 45 minutes to an hour.  I actually check it at the half hour mark because my oven is so hot!

Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails