Friday, April 16, 2010

Happy Friday and Good Eating to All!

Yes, I know, it's my weekend munchies.  But, I'm going to try not to gorge this time.  However, I did make the most delicious cookies for our neighborhood girls.  They're doing a fundraiser and asked people to donate something to auction.  Cookies are usually a big hit, so what did I do?  I made the baddest, most decadent of cookies of course!  The first cookie is supposed to be a Chocolate Rolo Cookie that I found on The Recipe Shoebox Blog
Unfortunately, I did not have Rolos but I did have mini Reese's Eggs that I cut in half!  YUM!  I used her recipe exactly except for the Rolos.  Her recipe is:
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2-1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
Bag of rolos

Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap the rolos and set aside.
Mix together the first 5 ingredients. Then add the final 3 ingredients (except the Rolos) and mix well. Roll the dough into balls and place Rolo in the center, then form the dough ball around the rolo.

Bake for 7-9 minutes. Serve warm.

My second cookie is, in my opinion, the best of any I've ever had.  Why, you ask?  Well, because it's my recipe.  I've always been on a mission for the best cookie recipe.  I HATE flat, greasy cookies.  I love them outrageously filled with chocolate chips and goodies but, without nuts.
 
After serious trial and error and regrettable pounds later I figured out this recipe:
1 stick butter or 1/2 cup
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup toffee bits
1 Symphony Toffee bar cut into chunks

Preheat oven to 350° and bake for 8-10 mins.  Don't worry if they look a little doughy.  Let them cool slightly on the pan before removing and they will be delicious!

Tip:  When cooking light-er, I use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spread and Splenda.  Just lessen the cooking time if you add the Splenda.

 Try either of these out, I urge you!


Photos Courtesy of Slashfood.com and Zazzle

2 comments:

*The Beautiful Life* said...

Just printed the recipes! Thanks! Well... if my jeans are more snug next week, I'll be blaming YOU! ;)

Ruth

The Gimlet Eye said...

These recipes are amazing! Thank you for your comments and reading of my blog. I hope you enjoy it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails