Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Are you Italian?

I get that question alot because I have really dark hair, olive skin, and brown eyes.  No, people I'm scandinavian/welsh.  But, usually my answer is, "I wish!"  You know why?....I'll tell you. Because Italians do it right.  Whether its food, style, furniture, architecture, you name it, it's just right!  I think because I'm so often asked if I'm Italian, I have a small obsession with them (Along with France, chocolate, exercising, clothes, and interior design, to name a few).  Savio Firmino is an Italian designer that uses  ornate pieces and glorious mirrors! 

Did I not say glorious mirrors!  I'm telling you, I CANNOT get enough of these.  Oh and the chandeliers are striking. 


I definitely respect his ability to balance the feminine and the masculine parts of his design.  It's all so elegant but, functional as well.


A few more Italian delights other than Firmino:

Ultra Luxury Kitchens by Neff Kitchens


Images via Cattelan Italia

Image via All Doing

7 comments:

BonjourRomance said...

Bonjour Lila,
You're right Italian decor is lovely, especially that first bathroom and the kitchen with the chandelier. The decorative swags around the rooms is fabulous. Thand you for coming by to visit? I'm a new follower too and will be back soon!
Mimi

Maria Johns said...

love these beautiful italian images, I am italian but have blonde hair and light eyes, go figure!!! But you do look like a beautiful italian, quite the complement!!

Unknown said...

these interiors are divine! I absolutely love love love them. and btw, you look like Catherine Zeta-Jones. Welsh and gorgeous!

La Boheme said...

The room with white couch with Cattelan Italia via The Lennoxx is so stunning! Wow!

Deepali Kalia Interior Design Blog Filling Spaces said...

Those pictures are just amazing,I like your blogBTw i am having a giveaway on my blog it's my first time 'pls participate will mean a lot to me ~Deepali http://www.fillinspaces.blogspot.com

Marcus Design said...

Oooh, I love these spaces!!! Thanks for sharing them! I totally agree with you, Italians do it right (funny cause I've been asked if I am Italian before as well - I'm Egyptian)! I just posted photos from a lovely Italian furniture company today, the comapny is called B&B Italia. I swoon!!

heather said...

I get the comment "You must be Irish" A LOT ... it's the red hair. They are usually surprised when I respond saying that I am German & British.

OK, so that first image you have (the white bedroom with the chandelier), makes me what to redo my room.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails