Monday, October 11, 2010

My son's room

I painted my son's room a beautiful  bluish gray color.  Oyster Bay is actually the official name but, the image doesn't do it justice at all!  
 I have a darling white dresser that looks almost identical to this one:
 But, I'm thinking of painting it a fire engine red or even deep ruby red.  I also want to stencil some navy and white sailboat patterns on the doors.
Click on Image for Source

Some family members are telling me to leave the dresser white saying the red will conflict with the Oyster Bay.  I put it together against the paint chip and I think it would look kind of like this:

Personally, I love it! Any ideas?!  Help is always needed!  Stop me if I'm going to make a big mistake!!!!

4 comments:

Haven and Home said...

I don't think it would conflict, I like the idea of going red!

Bethany Dirksen said...

I don't mind the idea of the red, it will just give the room a very different feel. The red gives it a very nautical feel (like actual sailors or something), while leaving it white will give it that peaceful beach side feel. Both are good options!

I just happened upon your blog for the first time and thought I would say hello. I'm a blogger about the world of art, but my experience is more in interior design. I love to see what people are thinking and doing in the field.

Hope we see more of each other in the future!

Bethany
www.DirksenDabbles.com

Decor To Adore said...

I love the idea. Given that I am constantly scrubbing off dirty handprints from my white surfaces I say do it!

Nicole Terry Merrell said...

I think the red would add more interest to the room. Remember paint is not permanent, you can always change it. I think the room will be so cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails