Thursday, October 14, 2010

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished.

My husband's family is coming over tomorrow night for dinner.  In a hasty and frazzled attempt to run to the grocery store in between gym time and visits to my mother's house, I got a great deal on a pot roast!  Walking to my car, I quickly thought about spitting my dissolving gum out on the road, but quickly thought, "Wow that's rude of me," and "I wouldn't want someone to step in it."  After gathering my children and stepping into my car I noticed the gum (not mine).  It was stuck to the carpet of my car.  Yep, my good deed was punished by an inconsiderate idiot!  Sigh. Lucky me, I found this great recipe for Barbeque Beef Sandwiches from My Recipes.  I'm hoping this will be a no-fail recipe.  I'll let you know how it goes!

Ingredients

  • 1  (3 1/2-pound) eye-of-round roast, cut in half vertically
  • 2  teaspoons  salt, divided
  • 2  garlic cloves, pressed
  • 1  (10-ounce) can condensed beef broth
  • 1  cup  ketchup
  • 1/2  cup  firmly packed brown sugar
  • 1/2  cup  lemon juice
  • 3  tablespoons  steak sauce
  • 1  teaspoon  coarse ground pepper
  • 1  teaspoon  Worcestershire sauce
  • 12  Kaiser rolls or sandwich buns
  • Dill pickle slices

Preparation

Sprinkle beef evenly with 1 teaspoon salt.
Stir together remaining 1 teaspoon salt, garlic, and next 7 ingredients. Pour half of mixture into a 5 1/2-quart slow cooker. Place beef in slow cooker, and pour remaining mixture over beef.
Cover and cook on HIGH 7 hours.
Shred beef in slow cooker with two forks. Serve in rolls or buns with dill pickle slices.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails