Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veterans' Day!

I'm so sorry I've been MIA lately.  My son has had a cough for over two months and finally I decided it was time to fork over the moolah and head to the doctor's.  They said that because of having RSV earlier in the year, he'll struggle to completely get rid of any cough.  So back on the nebulizer he goes and my frustration only continues!  I decided that I needed a treat that night.  I made No-Bake Cookies!  They were absolutely delicious and totally out of character for me to crave..hmmm.  Anyways, I made some changes to the recipe viewed in red.
 Image via blisstree
2 cups sugar
4 Tb cocoa
1 stick butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter (I didn't add any)
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 Tb vanilla
3 cups oatmeal
In a heavy saucepan bring to a boil sugar, cocoa, butter and milk. Let boil for one minute and add peanut butter, vanilla and oatmeal. (Or if you were me, add coconut and no peanut butter) Drop by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper or aluminum foil until cooled and hardened.
NOTE:  I waited for the mixture to cool a tad and then added some leftover, frozen, chopped candybars and some chocolate chips.  This way they didn't melt and I had a delicious chew to my mounds!

Last weekend I was able to experiment with a new recipe I found on Brown Eyed Baker's blog!  It was for Pumpkin blondies/brownies.
She said they had the textrue of a gooey, dense brownie but with the pumpkin flavor.  Of course I had to try it!  I did have chocolate chips to the batter and I can tell you, it was the perfect addition!
 Images and Recipe via Brown Eyed Baker

Check out her recipe here.  I guarantee you won't regret it!  I think my hubs and I ate almost an entire pan!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your son feels better, poor guy! Nothing worse than a cough. Those no bake cookies look yummy and are too easy... I am going to try them. I am now following. xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails