Monday, February 28, 2011

Amish Friendship Bread

My friends were coming to visit last Friday.  Amidst all of the bustle and stress of a sick child, I called and told them that I just couldn't do it.  The bad friend I am but, a really good friend at recognizing my guilt, I decided to make them Amish Friendship bread.
Problem numero uno, I didn't have the Amish bread starter.  No worries I found a delicious recipe without the starter!  Problem number two: the recipe calls for a box of vanilla pudding and I had none.  But, I did have chocolate...hmmm...I'm doing it.
 Images via Springpad
Can I tell you something?  This stuff rocks the house.  Apparently there are a ton of different Amish bread recipes you can choose from.  Apple Cinnamon, Caramel Pecan, Blueberry, Chocolate Almond Joy, and the list goes on!  Check all the options out here!


 Amish Friendship Bread
  • 1 cup oil
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • In a separate bowl combine the following dry ingredients and mix well:
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 - (5.1 oz) box instant vanilla pudding
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup nuts
  • Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Mix and pour into two well greased and sugared bread pans. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails