Friday, February 18, 2011

Happy Birthday!

It was my little girl's birthday the other day!  I cannot believe how big she is getting. She was recently diagnosed with Alopecia (hair loss and baldness on her head) and has had a hard couple of weeks.  
So, I decided to make it a special day and take her mind off of her hair.  Her and I went to "Tangled" together and then we got pizza for the party dinner.  I had let her pick what cake I was going to make...mistake number 1. (I knew it was going to be chocolate.) The second mistake I made was letting her look at Picky Palate's Blog to check out what cake she wanted. It was this: 
It's a cake with a scoop of ice cream in the batter! It was crazy how delicious it was!  
It was way moist, super chocolatey, and we decorated it with hearts and shaved chocolate.  If you need a good cake recipe for a pig out weekend, head here!  I only made it three layers and it was still huge!  Thanks for inventing this cake, Jenny!
Happy Friday!

3 comments:

Designwali said...

happy birthday to your little one! mmmm yummy cake.

McKenzie said...

What a good, delicious idea, and happy birthday to your little girl! :)

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to your little darling. I'm so sorry to hear about her recent diagnosis, which is tough not only for her but you as well.

May you have a wonderful weekend!
xoxo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails