Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Trailer as a Home?


The first thought that came to my mind was cramped.  But, Andreas Stavropoulos thought that a 1959 Airstream travel trailer was what he wanted to live in.  This is a story of efficiency because you'd have to make use of every possible space available in this thing. I was totally impressed that he even came up with this idea!

He stripped the paint off both ends of the trailer to show the bright aluminum. 

Obviously, there's no closet but, he makes do.  He kept the original stove to retain some authenticity of the trailer.  

Andreas also built a ginormous pull-out drawer to keep the rest of his clothes in.  Genius!  
 Images via Dwell Magazine
So what do you think, could you live in a trailer?  
After all, it is a Green way of living! 

I sooo could not do this.

I'm feeling claustrophobic already.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love an airstream. Yes I think I could do it as long as it was parked upon a big enough green area.

annechovie said...

Pretty cool, Lila! Hope you have an incredible weekend! xx

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

When I see an airstream go by....I always want to peek inside! My Grandparents had an airstream they would take from Canada to the Panama Canal!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails