Image via Southern Living
My daughter asked me today if we could make cookies together. Lately, I've been on this flourless/oil-free peanut butter cookie trip.
Image via Food, Fit, and Fun
I tend to try and lessen sugar in every recipe but, in this particular one I used Splenda. Wow. I even added a ghastly amount of chocolate chips and I still tasted the peanut butter.
Image via Heather Eats Almond Butter
These are super peanut-buttery! I justify that I can eat six of these cookies because of the lack of flour, sugar, and oil....that's how crazy I am over these. The recipe is:
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar (I used Splenda)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (I didn't add any)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels (you know I doubled this amount)
- Parchment paper
Preparation1. Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together peanut butter and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl until well blended. Stir in chocolate morsels.
Image via Etsy2. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
3. Bake at 350° for 12 to 14 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets on a wire rack 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack, and let cool 15 minutes.
Image via Bunny's OvenNote: If you add alternative sugar make sure you lessen the cooking time. I only baked mine for about 10 min.
As I mentioned before, I have made these a lot lately....I mean A LOT. So my daughter asked if we could make something else.
Image via Brown Eyed BakerHer words were, "Not THAT cookie, but like a cookie." Hmmm...I know. I love seven layer bars.
Image via Examiner
Who doesn't? They're salty, chocolatey, buttery goodnesss!Recipe:
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup graham crackers crumbs, crushed fine
1/2 cup + 1/4 cup coconut flakes
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (This was my only topping in addition to coconut)
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 can condensed milk
1 cup unsalted walnuts, chopped
1 cup Heath’s toffee bits
1 cup mini marshmallows
|Image via Pragmatic Attic|
- Preheat oven at 325 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Spread the above ingredients in layers, in the order indicated, starting with the butter and ending with the marshmallows as topping.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or till done. (I bake mine at 350 for 18-20 min)
- When done, cool on counter. Refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight, covered in plastic wrap. Slice into bars.
Image via Queen's Notebook
Yes, it's really that easy. Now go.
Image via Annmarie Kostyk
Make these bars and be merry....or be on a sugar-high...whatever.