Sunday, June 13, 2010

World Cup Weekend

For the World Cup this weekend, my husband invited about a million people over.  I decided to try a new CC cookie because there are so many good ones!  I found this recipe for Grandma's Cookies from Jamie Cooks It Up Blog. My only change was that I wish it was a little bit saltier and I used less butter.  It was perfect!   Let me tell you, I halved this and it was plenty.  I got about 3 and 1/2 dozen and it was gone between 8 people in two hours.  Oh yeah, that good!
Yield: 72 cookies
Time: 1 1/2 hours
Recipe from Jill Eskelson

1 1/2 C butter, softened
1 1/2 C sugar
1 1/2 C brown sugar
4 eggs
1 t salt
2 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
2 t vanilla
5 C flour
2 bags Guittard Milk Chocolate Chips

1. Cream butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla together for about 3 minutes. You want the mixture to be well incorporated.
2. In a separate medium sized bowl mix the dry ingredients.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed ingredients and mix until all the flour is incorporated.
4. Add the chocolate chips and mix.
5. Roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet.
6. Bake at 350 for about 8 minutes. Do not over bake. You'll want to take the cookies out of the oven when they start to crack, then let them stay on the hot cookie sheet to continue cooking for about 5 minutes.


My other recipe this weekend is roasted potatoes to go along with my mom's greek yogurt chicken shish-ka-bobs.  Since I have six siblings, and almost all of us have children and spouses, I always have a recipe to feed a crowd.  Since this is my own recipe, I'm guessing at measurements for "normal" sized families!

 Lila's Roasted Potatoes
2 lbs unpeeled potatoes
2 T. dried Onion
2 tsp. dried Rosemary
2 tsp. dried Thyme
1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
Olive Oil 
Salt and Pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut potatoes in uniform chunks. Place in shallow baking dish.  Pour olive oil, salt and pepper just enough to cover the potatoes.  Add other ingredients and bake uncovered for 45 mins or until fork tender. Stir occasionally.
Easy as pie!  Hopefully you enjoyed your weekend eating!

 

1 comment:

Justin said...

you halved the butter and it was still good? wow, that's bold. cookie baking can be so scientific... i would never take a chance like that

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails