Yield: 72 cookies
Time: 1 1/2 hours
Recipe from Jill Eskelson
1 1/2 C butter, softened
1 1/2 C sugar
1 1/2 C brown sugar
1 t salt
2 t baking soda
1 t baking powder
2 t vanilla
5 C flour
2 bags Guittard Milk Chocolate Chips
1. Cream butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla together for about 3 minutes. You want the mixture to be well incorporated.
2. In a separate medium sized bowl mix the dry ingredients.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed ingredients and mix until all the flour is incorporated.
4. Add the chocolate chips and mix.
5. Roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet.6. Bake at 350 for about 8 minutes. Do not over bake. You'll want to take the cookies out of the oven when they start to crack, then let them stay on the hot cookie sheet to continue cooking for about 5 minutes.
My other recipe this weekend is roasted potatoes to go along with my mom's greek yogurt chicken shish-ka-bobs. Since I have six siblings, and almost all of us have children and spouses, I always have a recipe to feed a crowd. Since this is my own recipe, I'm guessing at measurements for "normal" sized families!
Lila's Roasted Potatoes
2 lbs unpeeled potatoes
2 T. dried Onion
2 tsp. dried Rosemary
2 tsp. dried Thyme
1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
Salt and Pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut potatoes in uniform chunks. Place in shallow baking dish. Pour olive oil, salt and pepper just enough to cover the potatoes. Add other ingredients and bake uncovered for 45 mins or until fork tender. Stir occasionally.
Easy as pie! Hopefully you enjoyed your weekend eating!