Friday, April 2, 2010

Deliciousness and Festive Treats!

Yes, this is my second post for the day but, I started to realize something. I'm making these awesome Easter treats and I didn't even think about anybody else wanting to make them! Shame on me for being selfish and withholding the most delicious recipes ever! Saturday night some of my family will be in town and I'm making the most delicious caramel blondies. This recipe uses a German Chocolate cake mix which makes them brownies. I like to use the yellow cake mix hence mine being blondies. This is the original recipe:


2/3 c. evaporated milk, divided

14 oz. pkg. caramels

3/4 c. butter, melted

1 pkg. German Chocolate cake mix

1 c. chocolate chips

1/2 c. chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350.

Combine butter, cake mix, and 1/3 evaporated milk. Spread half of the batter in the bottom of a 9 by 13 cake pan. Bake for 6-8 mins. Take out and let cool. On the stove combine caramel squares and 1/3 c. evaporated milk until melted. Put chocolate chips and nuts over cake. Pour caramel over partly cooked brownies and chocolate chips. Dollop the rest of batter over the brownie. Cook another 18-20 mins.


My recipe:

1 can evaporated milk

14 oz. pkg. caramels

1 pkg. yellow cake mix

1/2 c. chocolate chips

1/2 c. white chocolate chips

1/2 c. butterscotch chips.


Note: I added more evaporated milk instead of butter because, it really doesn't need the extra butter. If you feel like it needs a little butter, add 1/4 c. to batter. Believe me, mine was so delicious!

Combine butter, cake mix, and 1/2 can evaporated milk. Combine chips with batter. Save some for middle layer (I just added more.) Spread half of the batter in the bottom of a 9 by 13 cake pan. Bake for 6-8 mins. Take out and let cool.


Pictures via Bake At 350


On the stove combine caramel squares and 1/2 can evaporated milk until melted. Put chocolate chips over cake. Pour caramel over partly cooked blondies and chips. Dollop the rest of batter over the blondies. Cook another 18-20 mins.

Via Bake or Break

For Sunday I'm making an Easter Bunny cake!

Via Sister Savings

I've made this before and it is so dang cute! Basically, you bake any kind of cake in two round cake pans. One round is for the head. The second round, you cut out almost half moons for the ears. The remaining is a bow tie! Here is the pattern: Via Pragmatic Compendium

When you put it together, it should look like this:via candyaddict.com

Frost and decorate as desired!




2 comments:

Rina said...

Wow!! everything looks so yummy! thanks for the recipes and tips! Loved your blog!

Charlotta Ward said...

Cute! My daughter Isabella will love this.

x Charlotta

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails